The following are admission requirements for M.A. in Linguistics, M.A. in Spanish, and M.A. in TESOL:
Undergraduate degree in the desired area of
study (or an acceptable related area)
A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
(overall as well as within the major)
- A minimum TOEFL or IELTS score for international applicants:
- TOEFL: 79 for applicants in Linguistics or Spanish
TOEFL: 92 for applicants in TESOL
IELTS: 6.5 for all applicants
- Application Deadlines
- Fall Admission: February 1
- Spring Admission: October 1
In order to be considered for admission to one of our M.A. programs, please fill out and submit the Graduate Application.
2. Complete Supplemental Documents to be Uploaded to Your Graduate Application
- A 300-word personal statement, in which you discuss your academic background, past accomplishments, why you want to study in our program and your future goals.
· An academic writing sample in English if you are applying to our Linguistics or TESOL M.A. programs, or in Spanish, if you are applying to our M.A. program in Spanish. This can be a paper that you have prepared for an academic course.
Request three letters of recommendation from professors who know your academic work
5. Application for a Teaching Assistantship
To be considered for a teaching assistantship, please fill out the WLLL TA Application and upload it with your personal statement to your
graduate application. Please also submit the supporting documents
indicated in this application. You will first be considered for
admission to the program. If admitted, you will be considered for an